Online Only, Sunday, September 8, 2019 through Sunday, September 15, 2019 Midnight (Central U.S. Time)
Organizers and friends of this art auction understand the following truths:
- The right to bodily autonomy is sacred and immutable.
- Those with wealth will always be able to obtain safe, compassionate abortion care. To deny the same option to others is outrageous and immoral.
- Everyone deserves to be able to decide when and whether to have children.
- Debates over abortion have been used to control and diminish women, with disproportionate harm done to poor women and women of color. This is unacceptable.
- Abortion has always been, and will always be, a fact of life. It must remain safe, legal, and accessible to all.
70% of auction proceeds will go to the ACLU in their fight through the courts
25% of auction proceeds will go to the National Network of Abortion Funds
Mission Statement: The National Network of Abortion Funds builds power with members to remove financial and logistical barriers to abortion access by centering people who have abortions and organizing at the intersections of racial, economic, and reproductive justice.
5% will go directly toward auction site costs.